The CNA II course will teach students state-approved skills and tasks in accordance with the North Carolina Board of Nursing. A Nurse Aide II student will perform more complex nursing skills with emphasis on sterile technique. The school will provide students with instructions and hands-on experience in the classroom, lab, and clinical setting with skills required to work in a variety of health care settings.
Please note: The sterile technique module must be taught as a required component of the following modules: Wound care, Suctioning, Tracheostomy care, Peripheral IV fluids, Urinary catheterization, Sterile dressing, Ostomy care/Wound irrigation, etc.
Requirements needed for Nurse Aide II Program
- High School/GED and/or College(if applicable) Transcript (Official or Unofficial)
- Social Security Card (Unlaminated and readable) *Required for testing*
- Two Forms of Identification (Photo ID and/or US Passport) [Legal Name must match on both]
- Physical Exam Report (Valid within a year of the first day of class)
- Negative TB Test/Chest X-ray or QuantiFeron-TB (Valid within a year of the first day of class)
- Criminal Background Check (Valid within 6 months of the first day of class) *Available through the school for $40.
- Urine Drug Screen (Valid within 6 months of the first day of class) *Available through the school for $40.
- Proof of current and active Nurse Aide I North Carolina Listing with no substantiated findings
- COVID-19 Vaccination is Optional but recommended for clinical programs.
Registration fee: $25.00 (Non-refundable)
Tuition and lab fee: $750.00
- $375.00 is due upon confirmation of class
- $375.00 is due the second week of class
- State Exam Fee, Payable to Credentia (This payment is made directly on line to Credentia when students have confirmation of their State Examination)
- Uniform and Shoes for Clinical : Set of NAVY BLUE pants and top along with WHITE shoes. Students will purchase uniform from outside the school.
*For further payment information, click “PAY NOW” at the bottom of the page.
NOTE: The textbook is not included. Students should purchase the textbook online.
The textbook: North Carolina Nurse Aide II by Hegner Acello Needham
Please Note: The date and time for the class might change if students will be attending their clinical assignment which would make this class shorter.
Application, Enrollment and Document Drop-Off MUST BE DONE ON MONDAY-THURSDAY FROM 9am-2pm (School is Closed for Lunch 12-1pm) at the school.
**By appointment ONLY, outside of the above mentioned hours.**
NURSE AIDE II PROGRAM DURATION: 8 weeks (Or Clock Hours: 165)
CLASS SCHEDULE FOR 2023:
October 31st To December 15th
MONDAYS, WEDNESDAYS AND FRIDAYS
FROM: 4:00 PM – 9:00 PM
(Clinical Placement is Monday – Friday)