The Medication Aide Program at Unity Nursing Institute will teach students state-approved skills, tasks, and responsibilities of medication administration safety in accordance with the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
When the Medication Aide Program is completed, you will be approved to practice in skilled nursing facilities or long-term care facilities.
Students should be advised after successful completion of the North Carolina Board of Nursing approved Medication Aide training program, they will continue with the competency state exam. After successfully completing the exam, students will be listed on the state’s medication aide registry.
Requirements needed for Medication Aide Program:
- Proof of current and active Nurse Aide I Listing with North Carolina Board of Nursing with no substantiated findings.
- High School/GED and/or College(if applicable) Transcript (Offcial or Unofficial)
- Two Forms of Identification (Social Security/Photo ID and/or US Passport) [Legal Name must match on both]
- Physical Exam Report (Valid within a year of the first day of class)
- Negative TB Test/Chest X-ray or QuantiFeron-TB (Valid within a year of the first day of class)
- COVID-19 Vaccination (Required for clinicals)
- Criminal Background Check (Valid within 6 months of the first day of class) *Available through the school for $40.
- Urine Drug Screen (Valid within 6 months of the first day of class) *Available through the school for $40.
Application, Enrollment and Document Drop-Off MUST BE DONE ON MONDAY-THURSDAY FROM 9am-2pm (School is Closed for Lunch 12-1pm) at the school.
**By appointment ONLY, outside of the above mentioned hours.**
REGISTRATION FEE: $25.00 (NON-REFUNDABLE)
TUITION FEE: $250.00 (MED-AIDE TEXT BOOKS INCLUDED)
(FULL PAYMENT REQUIRED BEFORE THE START OF CLASS)
SCHEDULE FOR 2023
MEDICATION AIDE DURATION: ONE WEEK (TWENTY-FOUR (24HR) CLOCK HOURS)
9AM to 3PM (Monday through Thursday)
January 17th – 20th
March 20th – 23rd
June 26th – 29th
September 5th – 8th (Evening Class ONLY)