The Medication Aide Program at Unity Nursing Institute will teach students state-approved skills, tasks, and responsibilities of medication administration safety in accordance with the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
When the Medication Aide Program is completed, you will be approved to practice in skilled nursing facilities or long-term care facilities.
Students should be advised after successful completion of the North Carolina Board of Nursing approved Medication Aide training program, they will continue with the competency state exam. After successfully completing the exam, students will be listed on the state’s medication aide registry.
Requirements needed for Medication Aide Program:
- Proof of current and active Nurse Aide I Listing with North Carolina Board of Nursing with no substantiated findings.
- High School/GED and/or College(if applicable) Transcript (Offcial or Unofficial)
- Social Security Card (Not laminated and readable) *Required for testing*
- Two Forms of Identification (Photo ID and/or US Passport) [Legal Name must match on both]
- Criminal Background Check (Valid within 6 months of the first day of class) *Available through the school for $40.
- Urine Drug Screen (Valid within 6 months of the first day of class) *Available through the school for $40.
Application, Enrollment and Document Drop-Off MUST BE DONE ON MONDAY-THURSDAY FROM 9am-2pm (School is Closed for Lunch 12-1pm) at the school.
**By appointment ONLY, outside of the above mentioned hours.**
REGISTRATION FEE: $25.00 (NON-REFUNDABLE)
TUITION FEE: $250.00 (MED-AIDE TEXT BOOKS INCLUDED)
(FULL PAYMENT REQUIRED BEFORE THE START OF CLASS)
SCHEDULE FOR 2023
MEDICATION AIDE DURATION: ONE WEEK (TWENTY-FOUR (24HR) CLOCK HOURS)
Please call the school for last schedule date for 2023*