The Medication Aide course at Unity Nursing Institute will teach students state-approved skills, tasks, and responsibilities of medication administration safety in accordance with the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
When the Medication Aide Program is completed, you will be approved to practice in skilled nursing facilities or long-term care facilities.
Students should be advised after successful completion of the North Carolina Board of Nursing approved Medication Aide training program, they will continue with the competency state exam. After successfully completing the exam, students will be listed on the state’s medication aide registry.
MEDICATION AIDE DURATION: ONLY TWENTY-FOUR CLOCK HOURS
Requirement needed for Medication Aide Program
- Proof of high school diploma/GED OR college transcript
- Findings of abuse, neglect or misappropriation of properties
- Negative drug test, negative PPD report
- Valid/current Picture ID and social security card
- Criminal background check with good standing report
- Proof of current and active Nurse Aide I Listing with North Carolina Board of Nursing, with no substantiated findings
REGISTRATION FEE: $25.00 (NON-REFUNDABLE)
TUITION FEE: $250.00 (MED-AIDE TEXT BOOKS INCLUDED)
PLEASE INCLUDE $5.00 PROCESSING FEE FOR ALL DEBIT AND CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS.
(FULL PAYMENT REQUIRED BEFORE THE START OF CLASS)
DURATION FOR MEDICATION AIDE CLASS: One Week Only
CLASSES FOR 2022
January 4th – January 7th, 2022
February 21st – February 24th, 2022
March 1st – March 4th, 2022
May 2nd – May 5th, 2022
August 29th – September 1st, 2022
TIME: 9AM to 3PM (Monday through Thursday)