To be eligible for enrollment in our CNA training program, you must meet the following pre-requisites:
- High School/GED and/or College(if applicable) Transcript (Official or Unofficial)
- Social Security Card (Unlaminated and readable) *Required for testing*
- Two Forms of Identification (Photo ID and/or US Passport) [Legal Name must match on both]
- Physical Exam Report (Valid within a year of the first day of class)
- Negative TB Test/Chest X-ray or QuantiFeron-TB (Valid within a year of the first day of class)
- Criminal Background Check (Valid within 6 months of the first day of class) *Available through the school for $40.
- Urine Drug Screen (Valid within 6 months of the first day of class) *Available through the school for $40.
- COVID-19 Vaccination is Optional but recommended for clinical programs.
APPLICATION, ENROLLMENT AND DOCUMENT DROP-OFF/PICK-UP MUST BE DONE AT THE SCHOOL ON TUESDAYS OR THURSDAYS FROM 9AM-3PM (School Closed for Lunch from 12-1pm), PLEASE BRING ALL REQUIRED ADMISSION DOCUMENTATION.
The following are not required but it will be very helpful if you have prior experience or stock general knowledge in:
- Patient Care or Working in a Healthcare Setting
- Human Anatomy
- Medical Terminology
Once enrolled, you and other CNA training students will go through the well-structured program that covers the following topics:
- Human Anatomy / Body Mechanics
- Nutrition Monitoring / Diet Education
- Disease Management and Symptom Control
- Nursing Care – Basic and Complex Care
- Care Practices and Techniques – Age-Specific Training
- Infection Control Procedures
- Activities of Daily Living Assistance
- Safety in Patient Care Delivery
- Communication Skills Training
- Taking and Monitoring Patient’s Vital Signs
- Mobility Skills Training and Support
CNA I Program Tuition and Fees
- Registration Fee :$30.00 (Non-Refundable)
- Tuition fee: $750.00
- Payment Plan:
- $375.00 Before confirmation of class
- $375.00 Due the second week of class
- Payment Plan:
- Student School Binder (school curriculum) and Lab fee : $70.00
- Student Binders will be available for pick-up 1 week before class starts (Monday before first day of class).
*For payment options, click the “PAY NOW” section at the bottom of the page.
Please note others expenses include the following:
- State Exam Fee, Payable to Credentia: $140.00 (This payment is made directly on line to Credentia when students have confirmation of their State Examination)
- Uniform and Shoes for Clinical : Set of NAVY BLUE scrubs with WHITE shoes (no holes or fabric). Students will purchase uniform from outside the school.
January 29th-March 7th, 2024 (Morning and Evening Class Available)
March 18th-April 25th, 2024 (Morning and Evening Class Available)
May 20th-June 27th, 2024 (Morning and Evening Class Available)
July 8th-August 8th, 2024 (Morning and Evening Class Available)
August 26th-October 3rd, 2024 (Morning and Evening Class Available)
October 14th-November 21st, 2024 (Morning ONLY)
NOTE: The class is 6 weeks in total. It is from Monday to Thursday.
Morning Class Curriculum: Will be from 9 am-3 pm from Week 1-5 and clinical will be week 6. Clinical is from 7 am-3 pm.
Evening Class Curriculum:Will be from 4 pm-9 pm from Week 1-5 and clinical will be week 6. Clinical is from 4 pm-10 pm.
Please submit all admission documents and initial tuition fee to secure a spot.
To enroll at Unity Nursing Institute, please submit the required information in the form below: