To be eligible for enrollment in our CNA training program, you must meet the following pre-requisites:
- GED (General Equivalency Diploma) or college transcript
- TB Test (within a year)
- Drug Test (within six months)
- Criminal Background Report (within six months)
- Copy of Social Security Number and a Valid Picture ID with matching first and last names on both (non-laminated)
- Physical Examination report completed within a year
The following are not required but it will be very helpful if you have prior experience or stock general knowledge in:
- Patient Care or Working in a Healthcare Setting
- Human Anatomy
- Medical Terminology
Once enrolled, you and other CNA training students will go through the well-structured program that covers the following topics:
- Human Anatomy / Body Mechanics
- Nutrition Monitoring / Diet Education
- Disease Management and Symptom Control
- Nursing Care – Basic and Complex Care
- Care Practices and Techniques – Age-Specific Training
- Infection Control Procedures
- Activities of Daily Living Assistance
- Safety in Patient Care Delivery
- Communication Skills Training
- Taking and Monitoring Patient’s Vital Signs
- Mobility Skills Training and Support
CNA I Program Tuition and Fees (Please find dates from the main page)
- Registration Fee : $25.00
- Non Refundable Fees : $25.00
- Tuition : $650.00
- Student Binder and Lab fee : $70.00
- Students cannot be confirmed for a class until all the school requirements for admission have been completed( initial tuition of $325.00 plus $70 for school binder and Lab fee
- PLEASE INDICATE ON YOUR APPLICATION FORM THE TIME YOU WILL BE ATTENDING THE CLASS (MORNING OR EVENING).
Please note others expenses include the following:
- State exam fee, payable to Pearson Vue: $120.00 ( please have your money before attending clinical).
- Uniform and Shoe for clinical: Set of NAVY BLUE (pants and top). Students will have to purchase uniforms from outside the school.
- TB skin test (required before admission): $20.00 doable at the school or from your doctor’s office.
- Drug Test (required before admission): $40.00 doable at the school or form your doctor’s office.
- Background check (required before admission): $40.00 doable at the school or from the police/sheriff’s department.
PLEASE NOTE: AN EXTRA $5.00 PROCESSING FEE IS CHARGED TO ALL DEBIT AND CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS.
To enroll at Unity Nursing Institute, please submit the required information in the form below: